Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lake effect as far west as Rockford?!?

When I woke up this morning I think my jaw just about hit the floor!  It's snowing!!  When I was putting together my forecast Friday morning, I figured Chicago along with some suburbs would probably have the best chance for getting in on the light snow and we would just see the spill off of cloud cover from that. (Which I even mentioned during the morning) And to some degree that was true.  The area high pressure that brought us sunshine Friday is more off to the north and with the southern storm system moving through the southeastern states, winds have taken more of a east/northeast direction causing dew points to rise allowing the snow to make it as far west as Rockford.  It shouldn't amount to much but it sure is a surprise when you look out the window.  Don't worry, we will see the sun by this afternoon. For the latest radar trends click here

No comments:

Post a Comment