Wednesday, February 15, 2012

This (Mild) Winter To-Date

Valentine's Day has come and gone, and I noticed buds on the trees in my neighborhood this morning with sunshine and balmy temperatures. Skies quickly clouded-over during the afternoon, but we still managed to reach 40 degrees or higher for the 32nd time in Rockford this Meteorological Winter.

If you have a heart for 40-degree weather and a lack of snow, this has certainly been your year! (I don't, but that's besides the point...) We've been 40 degrees or better on 42% of our days this winter, and have only had 2 days with 6" or more of snow cover. Here's more from the NWS office in Chicago, including how this winter compares to last.

I'm hoping my cross country skis see more action next winter.  --TS

No comments:

Post a Comment