Monday, March 1, 2010

Are my eyes playing tricks on me?!?

Whenever I forecast, I always look at what's going on above to get an idea of what will happen at the surface.  Last week there was some indication that the weather pattern would begin to change and temperatures would begin to moderate a little within the next week or two.  The image on the left are temperatures into the weekend at 850mb.  I got a little excited this morning because for the first time in awhile the 0° actually made it north of the Stateline with southerly winds.  We've been stuck in the northwest flow for some time now and to see southerly winds begin towards the end of the week and temperatures to get above freezing in the upper levels of the atmosphere made me pretty happy this morning!  While we'll still deal with a little chill over the next couple of days - dust bunnies beware, spring cleaning is right around the corner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment