Thursday, May 20, 2010

Warm Up in the Making

It will feel a little more summer-like through the end of the weekend and into next week.  Once we get past the storm system slated for tonight and Friday, a ridge of high pressure will begin to build and allow temperatures to warm into the mid 80s by next week!  Saturday will be more of a transition day, with clouds hanging around and tempertures in the mid 70s.  The high will hold steady through Tuesday and then start to break down some as a trough begins to shift east allowing storms to develop midweek.

3 comments:

  1. Bring on the heat! I'm so ready for a hot summer. My ideal weather would be about 85F with a dew point of about 68F, winds 10-15 mph, and some nice fluffy fair-weather cu's in the sky. What about you guys???

    ReplyDelete
  2. M.W.-
    Too hot! I need 80F and a dew point of 50F. Maybe a little warmer for swimming in the pool. :) - CK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now in my neck of the woods it's 83 w/ a dew point of 69 and about 15 mph winds...nearly ideal, lol. However, this is my first year with a little one and I tell you what, I may need to adjust my dew point threshold! We were just outside and it is STICKY! Maybe bring the dew down to about 60, and perhaps add a couple more clouds. ;)

    ReplyDelete