Monday, October 4, 2010

God Bless You!

Winnebago County H.D.
One viewer and one of my co-workers today asked me if the pollen count was up. Since I am lucky enough not to suffer too severely with allergies, I didn't really notice. The viewer who called me reasoned the corn harvesting might be elevating the area pollen levels. So I walked around outside earlier this evening, and noticed that there does seem to be something extra in the air. It actually smelled like corn husks to me.

I went to the Winnebago County Health Department's website and found some more information on this topic. In addition to the cute picture on the left, I saw that the mold spore count is at 1,491. Although this is technically considered to be at "moderate" levels, the high category starts at 1500, so we're very close to that! Hang in there, winter will be here soon!  --TS

No comments:

Post a Comment