Thursday, May 26, 2011

Frost, in May?

Wait...let me check the calendar!  While I don't think it's going to be anything we have to significantly worry about here frost, and maybe even a freeze, are possible for our friends in Wisconsin and Minnesota.  A Freeze Watch has been issued for northeast Minnesota, northern Wisconsin and even the western part of the U.P. of Michigan while a Frost Advisory has been issued for central Wisconsin.  The reason, well high pressure building in southern Canada will help clear skies, calm winds and pull down a lot of cool air later tonight.  Temperatures to the north are expected to reach the upper 20/low 30s.

Closer to home, I'm not all that concerned with our frost potential.  We got a lot of rain yesterday morning so the ground is fairly saturated.  Also, I don't anticipate the winds to calm and I think we'll probably keep a few clouds around through the overnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment