Thursday, July 29, 2010

Right on the Money!

Today's high of 83 and low of 63 were both SPOT-ON our average high and low for this date: July 29, 2010. That doesn't happen too often! In fact, when I first saw this, I thought this could be the first time that our actual high and low were identical to our climatological averages for a particular date since I started on-air here on April 5th. So I looked at the calendar, and saw that on June 6th, 2010 we hit a high of 78 and a low of 55. This, too, was right on average. But since this happened on a Sunday, Eric Nefstead was probably working. This explains why I don't remember it! I'm not sure how statistically rare it is to have a day that is exactly "average" in the weather department. But in a place like the Stateline, it probably happens only a handfull of times per year since day-to-day weather changes are so common here. To illustrate this point, our record high and low for this date are 104 (set in 1916) and 47 (set back in 1925). Enjoy the roller coaster!  --TS

No comments:

Post a Comment